Monday 12 April 2010

Gingerbread towns and Printen


Here I am in sunny Aachen, Germany. Our journey nearly killed me. We left at 3 am on Saturday morning after Chris' little sister's 18th birthday party. They're dead lucky and have some garages and barns at the end of their huge garden which each of them over years got to use for parties and such things. Knowing I am a complete baby if I don't get at least twelve hours sleep I chose to have a quick fifteen minute nap instead of showering before we left. Good for me, bad for Mike, Linda and Chris who had to smell me! Journey was pretty quick and we made a couple of stops. Once in belgium where I ate a yummy waffle and saw a white wedding and also at the Flanders Fields memorial grounds. It was so lovely and warm but now it seems the weather has turned and Lin expects snow! Tel me it isn't so! I will die if it snows. Snow is the enemy...

Visited Monchau yesterday which is definitely up there with my favourite places IN THE WORLD! It is a tiny town not touched by the war at all. It is nestled in a valley and is absolutely ADORABLE. I cannot stress this enough! We went to a tiny mustard shop which is what the town is famous for and bought two pots and a bunny shaped bottle of eggnog-ish liqueur for myself. YUMZERS!

Tragedy has struck.. I am in Aachen without a hair dyer. Naturally I must find a funky hat to cover up my mess of a head. I will make it my mission to find one!

It's bloody freezing and being English I saw the first wink of sunshine and decided Spring had sprung so packed no jumpers. Luckily I bought my big purple coat so it's okay! Looking forward to today, we will be leaving soon for Holland so I will say Aufweidersehn and goodbye for now!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment