Thursday 20 May 2010

False Starts & Fake Tan


"Well you can fuck off". The first words spoken to me by a child today. I made no eye contact and did nothing to provoke him. I dont think it was wise for the teacher to announce my arrival to the class by ordering me to sit next to the most notoriously naughty boy in the whole school. I sort of expected his reaction. The whole lesson was a disaster with the whole class wound up to the point of exploding. The worst thing about this is that the class were the most adorable bunch of year sevens when I worked there last. They'd follow me around at break time and hang on my every word. Now all the girls are covered in makeup and are way too cool to acknowledge me. How upsetting! Life goes on...

The little ones are still lovely though, I'm sure it's because they've not been tainted by the appalling English education system. I dont know much but what I do know is its a bloody struggle for these kids. I struggled, so did my sis and a lot of people I know. It breaks my heart to see it still happeneing to lovely kids that deserve better. Its a phase everyone goes through however and has got to be done. Who ever said your school days are the best of your life was not on the same planet as everyone else!

Hopefully tommorrow will improve, but with the temperatures apparently soaring I'm guessing it's going to send the kids and teachers alike bloody mental!

Ciao for now. x

No comments:

Post a Comment