Monday 8 March 2010

secret diary of a lunatic

I am such a girl. I realised this when I just got in and flung my giant bar of caramel Galaxy on top of my new Belle de Jour books (I bought both). After catching a snippet of ‘Secret Diary of Call Girl’ on ITV the other night I fancied them as a bit of light evening reading despite Billie Piper’s hideous face and voice ruining the programme for me. Anyway I’ll see how long it takes for them to collect dust and mouse droppings. I’d give it a few weeks.
Yesterday I downloaded the i-tunes software (not because I have an i-pod or anything of the sort; I just wanted to listen to the free radio stations on my tooter). Little did I know that they would ALL be American radio stations. They’re absolutely hilarious. Who thought you could have a whole station dedicated to banjos? There is also a 24 hour Britney station which is just well, fantastic news if you like Britney and her more shall we say, obscure songs. I swear to God I listened to a few songs in a row (What? I don’t need to justify myself to you...) and I didn’t recognise one song! Gutted. No hitting her baby one more time, no pieces of her. The jingles in between the songs made up for my disappointment. Oh dear god, they are brilliant! They go on for about 4 minutes just repeating the radio station name about twenty times in different styles. I particularly liked the one incorporating a banjo. Such an underrated instrument.
I hope you appreciate this blog, it has taken me twenty minutes to log into my account. Piece of crap computer (I refuse to get a laptop) is obviously messing with my head again. “Oh it’s Becky, lets pretend she never signed up to Google mail just for a laugh” well Mr Computer, the joke is on you when you’re crying at the rubbish tip with unwanted washing machines and old bicycles. I hate hate HATE technology and I think it’s mutual. I know it’s such an elderly, eating-Rich-Tea-biscuits-thing to say but I’ve tried everything, digital camera, matching printer, the newest mobile phones and mp3 players and they are SO boring. I don’t want to listen to music whilst I’m walking somewhere or on the bus, I want to hear what’s going on around me. I find it weird that people have their little bubble of music as if it separates them from the outside world. Well I do understand it, its just I’m too nosy for all that. When I did have an mp3 player, I only had one earphone in so I could still hear people’s conversations because I hate missing out on gossip! Anyway I broke that by plugging it in the wrong hole in the computer or something. I never used my camera or printer. I’m not one for getting in people’s faces to take pics and show facebook what a fabulous time I had at the same nightclub I go to every weekend because if they matter, I will tell them how good it was. Or they were there. Now, phones... I broke my last one by throwing it at a wall (that’s another story) so now I have my housemate’s old one with three missing buttons and a broken camera. It’s pink though so not all is lost.
NO WORD OF A LIE; my computer just made a crazy alarm sound like I broke into the safe at NatWest and said I have a virus. Talk about bad timing, I bet it’s seen what I wrote about the rubbish tip.... I better go before I burst a vein or something.

Ta for now cyberettes!

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't life get just so intense sometimes? Go back to the Galaxy, that's what I'd do. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trust me, that chocolate was inhaled after that ordeal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky,fantastic decision to buy Belle de Jour, I haven't read the further adventures yet, but the first book was so bloody funny. I actually wrote my biography essay for life writing on the author of Belle, Dr Brooke Magnanti! I think the books are much better than Secret Diary the tv series xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can borrow it after me if you like. T.v programmes hardly ever do a book justice. I'll let you know how i get on with it!xx

    ReplyDelete