Wednesday 10 March 2010

Sun shine, lollipops...


So I saw a man in a pair of wooden yellow clogs today. In Birmingham. And I’m sure he wasn’t wearing them ironically. He was also wearing THE most disgusting fleece I have ever set eyes on. (See picture)After such a gross lunch I could feel the bile rising in my stomach and my eyes started to ache. He wasn’t homeless or ‘special’ so it’s not like I’m taking the piss out of some poor blind, mentally ill homeless guy who has nothing but a pair of yellow clogs to his name. He was also holding a big scary black dog on a leash which added to this bizarre image. The fact that they were actually made of wood just heightened my curiosity. It was pretty much a chicken-run situation. I wanted to get close enough to check that yes, in fact the clogs were made of wood, but without being mauled to death by his huge pet. I think maybe being a ‘dog person’ helped and I managed to get near to this strange bloke long enough to confirm my suspicions.
Apart from that incident, today has been a most fabulous, if not totally freezing day. I went to town with my fabulous thirties friend (she’s not in her thirties, she likes the thirties era....) for a shop around town and came across the cutest little accessories shop in a hidden away place in the centre. Now in Brum, it’s really hard to find unique things to wear at a reasonable price. Added to the fact that there was this little place stuffed to the ceiling with cheapish unique accessories was the shop assistant. The cutest little Chinese woman EVER invented. I do love the Chinese I have a weak spot for them and I would like one for Christmas. I met a girl recently and we exchanged numbers to hang out some time, but imagine my disappointment when I found out she was actually Indonesian. Will I ever find my Chinese friend? Anyways, this lady was SO unbelievably happy. She chatted to us for ages about nonsense and when ‘Walking on Sunshine’ came on in the store she started bopping along and telling us how happy this song made her. Just when we thought she had beaten the previous record for displays of human happiness... Any who I bought a lovely creamy headband with a corsage on for 3quid for anyone that cares!
Today has been a lovely, girly, vanillary day and the sun has just decided to poke its weary head out as if he feels likes he’s missed out on the fun. Don’t worry sun, there is plenty left for tomorrow!

Bye bye sunshines x

2 comments:

  1. As the '30's friend', I like this. It was a fabo day. And those clogs... ah, I love it.
    And my scarf is just wonderful. I'm going to go in that shop before Easter and get Mum one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have a feeling I will be back there before this semester is out... love it! x

    ReplyDelete