Friday 26 February 2010

If I knew you were coming...


Readers of blog, people everywhere, take note of this day. It is the 26th February 2010. Tell your children. Tell your children's children. Today is the day that Rebecca Lelli made a cake that DID NOT taste like a poo poo platter. I'm so proud I could cry, I feel like I have given birth to this cake. I don't want to eat it; I want to freeze it in time to remind myself that I am not useless. The beauty of this cake is that it is the by-product of a ginger pudding I am currently steaming away in my slow cooker. I had too much mixture so whacked it in the oven and ta da! It is perfection. Gingery, sugary perfection.
This may seem like I am overreacting but I do not have a good track record with cakes, desserts or biscuits, mainly because I hate following recipes, so if it looks boring i always feel inclined to throw a Snickers into the biscuit recipe or marshmallows into fairy cakes. It's taken me a while to realise that things with caramel and sugar in melt in the oven and when out, solidify into toffee...

So you see why this day is momentous to me? Let us have a sing song in light of this celebration!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=honSSKeXME8


No comments:

Post a Comment